It’s very common for people to find themselves strapped for cash when working through a separation or divorce.
Sometimes, just covering the day-to-day expenses can be a challenge, let alone finding the money to pay your legal fees.
It is a tricky position to be in. You need to progress your property settlement to get back on some sort of level financial footing – but you don’t have access to the money needed to engage a lawyer to help you secure your fair share.
While it is similar to other personal loans out there, legal finance has some unique advantages which include.
- No upfront costs
- No repayments until your property settlement is finalised.
- The ability to drawdown on your loan – meaning you only pay interest on the amount you’ve drawn, rather than the total loan value.
How it works
- Like any other loan, you need to apply for the finance. This can be done quickly and easily online.
- Plenti then works with us to determine if your matter and circumstances meet their lending requirements.
- Providing you meet the lending requirements, your loan will be established for a set amount (based on the total expected cost of your legal fees).
- Plenti then pays our invoices on your behalf (with your approval of course), drawing down on your total loan amount.
- When your matter is finalised, you then repay the loan using the funds from your settlement.
To find out more about Legal Finance through Plenti take a look at this Borrowers Guide, or call or email us – we’ll be more than happy to answer your questions.